Friday, May 27, 2011

Price 1, Satiemania 0

I'm going to have to hold off on that "Satiemania" entry-- today is the 100th anniversary of Vincent Price's birth and it's my civic duty to announce it. Price starred in what is very possibly my favorite movie, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, along with about fifty other wonderful films (and some fairly dull ones... but NEVER because of him). Art collector, actor, writer, bon vivant, and all-around swell guy, Price is sorely missed. If there was anything like an equivalent to him in the current cinema, I might see more than three new movies in the theater every year. My favorite Price quote is probably "The secret to life is knowing that life is a joke and being in on the joke. And I'm in on the joke." Happy birthday, Vinnie, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment